The purpose of IRMA is to promote quality standards for radon measurement laboratories, ensuring that members are providing the highest quality radon gas measurements.
IRMA objectives are the following:
- To promote quality standards for radon measurement laboratories and third party review of such.
- To ensure/develop/adopt quality standards and protocols for radon measurement.
- To serve as a consultant body with regards to laws and regulations concerning radon measurement.
- To provide an effective partnership between radon professionals in the field, other radon associations and other interested public and private stakeholders.
- To strive for the highest standard of fairness and integrity.
Membership is open to all companies that are operating a radon measurement laboratory under a third party reviewed standard such as ISO17025, NELAC or an equivalent relevant laboratory standard for the measurement of radon in air. The third party review must have been performed by a government authority or an independent classification association. Laboratories without accreditation may apply for membership and, if accepted into the association, must undertake to acquire accreditation within 12 months of joining.
If you want to learn more about accreditation please Click here.
If you want to apply for membership please contact us on email@example.com