IRMA intend to provide its member organizations with the following activities to improve their QA’s:
- Analysis of procedures to evaluate the uncertainty in the measurements
- Design of common practices to compare results among member organisations: exposure times, evaluation of transit exposures, background determination, etc.
- Networking with a pool of recognized experts all around the world
- Specific inter-comparisons designed for IRMA members only, aiming to test extreme conditions such as exposure levels close to the detection limits or saturation of detectors
- Discussion of existing radon measurement protocols in order to agree with common practices
- Membership of an organization that will focus very much on corporations with authorities to show them the need to use radon testing companies that follows high quality standards